Fashion Awards Australia is a major established fashion awards event for all Secondary College, TAFE\Tertiary College and New and Emerging Designers from all states and territories of Australia and overseas. Fashion Awards Australia is a (not-for-profit) organisation that is run and organised by a dedicated committee of volunteers, lead by FAA Director Heather Marcus .
- Fashion Awards Australia is held annually.
- The Awards is a distinctive event that celebrates a collection of original creative designs.
- Fashion Awards Australia is now a key focus of the Secondary College Textile Curriculum.
- Each year decisions are made to broaden the scope of the design competition.
- All designs are judged under the requirement of anonymity of entries by a panel of highly distinguished Australian designers.
- The high level of parent and teacher involvement ensures that the Awards remain a genuine part of the Community and the Secondary and TAFE\Tertiary Colleges.
- In order to ensure a high standard of performance and presentation at the Gala Presentation, our choreographer is available during the days of judging to train students as mannequins.
- Fashion Awards Australia relies solely on the generous financial and in-kind support of corporate business, media-newspapers, radio and local industry.